Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank You For Being a Friend

There is nothing quite like having people reach out to you and tell you that they think you are amazing and inspirational.  To get their approval and for them to tell you they relate to what you are saying. For strangers to change their minds about the damage they are doing to their bodies.  For my family to try to help me raise awareness.  For friends to send me links to articles about skin cancer.  It is amazing to me that I have such a support group in my melanoma community and here on my blog.  I started this blog after I was diagnosed with Stage 2a melanoma on 4-1-11.  It has been over a year ago that my whole world changed.  I am gearing up to celebrate my one year cancerversary soon and I have a million thoughts running through my mind.  I just want to shout out to all of you who read my blog, follow me on facebook, or who I know personally, that have traveled this journey with me.  Many of you have given me support from the beginning.  Some have hurt for me and haven't known what to say to me.  For those that have not abandoned me when I needed you the most, I want to say thank you.  For those of you that did abandon me, I also want to say thank you.  I don't need friends like that.  As I travel this journey, I have learned a lot and I will continue to learn a lot.  I definitely have learned a lot having melanoma.  I am in remission.  I will always have melanoma, but I am still Melissa.  I may have changed a bit, but I am still Melissa.  Melanoma will not define me.  I love all of you and want to know that without each of you, I would not be the person I am today.  You guys give me hope and strength and make me keep spreading melanoma awareness.  You allow me to be myself and you accept me for who I am.  I will continue to do this for you, as well as for myself.  Thank you for being a part of my life! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment