Friday, June 22, 2012

Thank you Dr. Johnson!

I received a phone call today from my new surgical oncologist Dr. Johnson, at the U of M.  He said they had finally received my biopsy slides today.  There were 64 slides total.  He said he had them  read them today. He didn't want me to wait any longer to find out the results.  He said that all 64 slides of my lymph node biopsies showed no melanoma.  I am VERY happy about that.  He then said that I am a stage 1b and that I have a great pathology report.  He went over the report with me and answered all of my questions.  He even told me that even though my results are all about the best they could be, I can have a scan if I want.  He is such a great doctor and even though I have no reason to return, I know that he is there if I need him.  That is what every doctor should be like.  If I had good care in the beginning, I could have avoided all of this confusion, and fear.  I would still be afraid, and always will be, of it returning, but I would have felt a little better knowing exactly what the pathology report meant in the first place.  I now only have to see a dermatologist every 6 months for a skin check up.  I am going to one that was head of the melanoma clinic at Henry Ford hospital for over 20 years.  She is awesome according to Dr. Johnson, and he said he thinks I will like her.  I hope so!!  I do trust him.  So, now I can say I am Stage 1B.  I will have to get used to it, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment