Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's About Time!

Got my pathology report from my dermatologist.  I finally know what stage I was!  Stage T2aNxMx.  Which translates to T2a= 1.01mm -2.0mm thickness without ulceration.  Nx = no lymph node metastasis.  Mx= no metastasis to distant tissues or organs.  So!  Now I know! I am in the medical field, so I like the facts!  I wish I would have know all this going into the surgery.  I might not have been so damn scared!  Well, at least now I know. So it was caught early.  I am so grateful for that ugly mole alerting me that something was wrong!  If I hadn't had that change I hate to think what would have happened.  I feel so blessed.  I am going to live my life to the absolute fullest from here on out!  It is the good thing that I can have from this.  My family has definitely gotten closer. I appreciate things much, much more!  I have more patience and understanding. I hope that it never comes back, but I know it is possible.  I will hopefully catch it early again if it does!  I will continue to fight you melanoma!  Until the day I do leave this earth I will fight you with every ounce of my being!  You will NOT win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment